Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Vinegar Based Coleslaw

When I go to picnics or parties I try to avoid the coleslaw that has mayo in it.  I never used to but it just takes that one time when it has been sitting out too long without being iced or refrigerated.
I finally found a coleslaw that I enjoy. 

Ingredients:
1 packaged of pre-cut slaw
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp of ground mustard
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (optional)

In a small sauce pan on medium heat combine sugar, vinegar and oil.  Stir until sugar has dissolved.  Add ground mustard, black pepper, salt and, mustard seeds.  Stir for an additional minute. Remove from heat and let cool.  Place packaged slaw in a bowl and toss with dressing.  Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment