Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sage Mustard Chicken


This is the second time I have made this dish.  The first time it did not turn out as well as I would have liked.  I think the difference was that I did not "massage" the chicken in the mustard as I did this time.  I think that allowed the flavor to get under the skin and infuse the chicken. In addition I added hot red chili pepper which I think gave it another layer of flavor. 

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs with skin
1/4 cup coconut oil/fat melted
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red chili pepper (optional)
2 tablespoons yellow mustard

In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk the coconut oil, sage, salt, black pepper, and yellow mustard.
Once it is incorporated put chicken thighs and mixture in a Ziploc bag and massage the marinade all over the chicken.  At this point you can either place in the fridge until ready to cook or place in a glass baking dish and bake at 425 for 45 minutes or until chicken's internal temperature is 165. 

No comments:

Post a Comment