Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beef and Barley Soup

This is a new recipe for me but it turned out well.  After a long day of travel I needed something quick and relatively easy.  I know frozen pizza would have been even easier but I just was not up for eating that (for the record that is what my husband wanted). 
 

Ingredients:

1.10 Beef Chuck Roast (stew meat)
1 medium onion chopped
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 cup frozen green beans
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp garlic
4 cups water
4 tsp beef base
2 bay leafs
1/2 tsp Crushed basil
2 tsp black pepper or to taste
2/4 cup quick cook barley

In a large pot over medium heat sweat onions and brown meat.  Once meat is browned add all the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment