Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Carol's Margarita Pie

I call this Carol's Margarita Pie because the first time I had it was years ago, when my friend Carol made it at a work retreat.  I do not think I have had it since that weekend, so I thought I would make it for Cinco De Mayo.  I also learned today that orange liqueur is the same thing as triple sec, which is the same thing as Grand Marnier.  OK so there is a difference in amount of alcohol, and price.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter melted
2-3 cups mini pretzels
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbl triple sec
1 tbl tequila
1/3 cup lime juice (about the juice of 3 limes)
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 drops green food coloring
1 cup whipped cream

Place mini pretzels in a Ziploc bag and with a rolling pin crush the pretzels.  Add sugar to the crumbs and mix in the melted butter.  With your hands, press down and on the sides of the pie pan.



In a mixing bowl combine triple sec, tequila, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and food coloring.  Fold-in the whipped cream.  Once combined pour into prepared pie pan.  Freeze 4 hours to overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment