Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Smothered Pork

Tonight I made smothered pork.  I have some tweaking to do, but overall it was good.
The only thing I would change is the cut of meat that I used.  I used something equivalent to a pork tenderloin.  Next time I will use bone in pork chop.  I think the bone will give it a nice flavor.  I am posting the recipe with the pork chops verses what I used.  I am confident that it will work.

Ingredients:
4 bone in pork chops
4 slices of bacon
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups beef broth
1 tbs white flour
3 medium onions cut in rings
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 bay leaves
1 tsp garlic

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.  Remove bacon and set aside.  Salt and pepper both sides of the pork and place in skillet.  Once both sides are browned remove from skillet.  In the same skillet caramelize onions.  When onions are caramelized add garlic, flour and thyme and bay leaves.  Cook for about 1 minute.  Whisk in beef broth.  Return the pork shops and crumble the bacon on top.  Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.   Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment