Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Coconut Chicken with Pineapple

This recipe came from me being lazy and not wanting to go to the store.  I looked in my freezer and saw that I had some boneless chicken thighs.  I looked in my pantry and saw some sweetened coconut and Panko.  The pineapple was the "icing". 

Ingredients
5 boneless skinless chicken thighs (can use breasts)
1 cup panko
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 tbs red chili flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbs all purpose flour
2 eggs


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  Spray foil with olive oil. 

In a shallow plate place all purpose flour, in a bowl scramble the eggs.  In another bowl combine the coconut, panko, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.  Dredge chicken in the flour, then the egg and then the panko/coconut mixture.  Place on the cookie sheet.  Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.  Spray top of chicken with additional Olive oil. 

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. 

I placed the pineapple in a pie pan and sprinkled with brown sugar and placed in the oven for 20 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment