Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Enchiladas

Today I made a quick version of homemade enchiladas.  I say it is a quick version because I did not have time to make my own sauce and bought the Ortega enchilada sauce which I think it is pretty good.
We used the left over pork from the pulled pork, but I used to make these for my parents with refried beans and cheese.  I have also made them with shredded rotisserie chicken or ground beef.

Ingredients
1 package of corn tortillas (about 24)
19 oz of enchilada sauce
4 oz diced jalapeños(optional)
4 cups shredded Mexican Cheese (We like the 4 Cheese Sargento Mexican)
1 lb of shredded pork (substitute 1 32 oz can of refried beans or a 1 lb of chicken/ground beef)

Method:
Preheat oven 355 degrees.  In a 9x13 pan place 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom.
Mix about 1 cup enchilada sauce with the meat, jalapeños and 1 1/2  cup shredded cheese.
Place the filling in the middle of the tortilla and fold one side and then the other in to create a cylinder. Place seam side down in pan.  Continue until pan is full.  Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with remaining cheese.

Bake until cheese is filly melted and begins to caramelize.




No comments:

Post a Comment