Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Almond encrusted chicken

I watch a lot of cooking shows on PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) and I saw this recipe on America's Test Kitchen.  I also got to use some of my new kitchen toys with this recipe.  I got a digital meat thermometer and spray cans for my olive oil and it wasn't even my birthday.

Ingredients
2/3 cups sliced almonds
2/3 cups panko
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs hot red chili powder (optional)
1/3 cup white flour
2 eggs
5 bone out chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)
about 1 tbs oil (spray)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a food processor pulse the sliced almonds until they are about the same consistency as the panko.  In a large skillet (coated with some olive oil spray)  over medium to low heat, toast the panko, almonds, and the other spices.  Coat the chicken with the flour, then the egg and then the almond/panko.  Place on a baking rack over a cookie sheet.  Spray chicken with olive oil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken's internal temperature is 160 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment