Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Home made pizza sauce

Tonight is an easy dinner.  Tim wanted to make English muffin pizzas. Of course we could use the sauce from the store, but then what would I have to write about?  I started making my own pizza sauce a few months ago and really like it better than what you find in the store.  The spices can be adjusted to individual tastes.  I generally use what I have in my spice cabinet.  Below is the main mix I try to use each time.   

Ingredients
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
4 leaves of fresh rosemary

In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine all ingredients.  With a hand blender, blend to desired consistency.  Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes for flavors to combine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment