Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken with Artichoke, Lemon and Capers

This recipe came about because I buy in bulk at Costco.  I had a big bottle of artichoke hearts that I thought would be a good purchase and of course the BIG package of chicken thighs.  I used most of the artichokes in the other pasta dish that I make, but I needed to use the rest before they went bad. 

I like to serve the chicken with linguine and use the lemon butter sauce that is created to coat my pasta, but Tim says he does not like that combination.  He is still trying to figure out what he wants to eat it with. Sometimes he eats it on its own. 

Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs (with skin)
Juice of 2 lemons
4 tbs butter
1 12 oz can of artichoke hearts quartered and drained
1 6 oz bottle of capers drained
1 medium onion julienned
salt, pepper and red chili pepper flakes to taste
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (optional)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In an oven safe skillet (cast iron works well),  melt 2 tbs butter over medium heat.  Add onions and cook until translucent.  Add artichoke hearts, capers and the juice of 2 lemons.  Let come to a simmer.  Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and then nestle them into the pan.  Shake Red chili flakes over the chicken.  Divide the remaining 2 tbs butter and place on top of the 4 pieces of chicken.  Place rosemary in center of skillet.  Place in oven for 45 min or until internal temp is 165 degrees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment