Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Island Sweet and Spicey Chicken

For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to eat Jerk Chicken.  I looked at a bottle of marinade at the store and then tried to come up with my own version.  Tim thought it was a little to sweet, but I liked the flavor. 

Ingredients
1 small chopped onion
1 lb pineapple cubed
4 habenaros
2 tsp kosher salt
4 tsp all spice
4 tsp cinnimon
1 tsp ground coriander
4 tsp thyme
4 tsp black pepper
4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup rum
1 tsp ground ginger paste
1 tbs light brown sugar
4 1/2 chicken leg quartes or 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs

In a blender combine all ingredients (except for chicken) and blend until smooth.  In a 2 gallon zip lock bag place chicken and cover with marinade.  Marinate overnight. 

When ready to cook...place on preheated grill.  Cook 15 minutes each side or until internal temprature reaches between 165 -170. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment