Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chocolate Truffles

Once again this is a first for me.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I was going to try to make these for the Ronald McDonald House Bakers Club, but I think I they take too long for the time that I have available at their facility.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Tim does not mind me practicing.

Ingredients
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp Almond Extract (can substitute vanilla extract)


In a heavy sauce pan heat heavy whipping cream and almond extract until it comes to a simmer.
Place the chocolate in a separate bowl.  Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and let sit for a few minutes.  Stir until smooth.  If not all the chocolate is melted, place in microwave for 10 seconds.  Remove and stir.  Repeat until smooth.  Let mixture cool and place in fridge for about  1 to 2 hours to allow mixture to set.  Once mixture is set use a melon baller or a teaspoon to form balls. Dust balls with powdered sugar.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment