Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Burgers with Blue Cheese and Fruit Tart

Today we were up super early to drive an hour and a half to walk a 5k.  As crazy as that sounds it was for a good cause (Spinal Muscular Atrophy,  www.fsma.org).  The dogs had a great time and got tons of attention from the little kids. 


Now for the food....
Tonight we made burgers with blue cheese crumbles mixed into the meat topped with caramelized onions. 

Ingredients
1 lb ground sirloin (I wanted to try bison but it was super expensive at our grocery store)
Salt/Pepper to taste
2 oz blue cheese crumbles. 

2 medium onions
2 tbs butter (more if you are Tim)

In a saute pan melt butter and add onions.  Cook until a caramelized. 

Heat grill, incorporate meat, salt, pepper and blue cheese; form 4 patties.  Place on grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side (time just depends on how hot the grill is and how well done you want the meat). 
To serve, toast buns, top with burger and caramelized onions. 


For dessert I made Paula Deans Fruit Tart. I did not make my own crust but used a store bought one.  The only other thing I think I would change is cutting the amount of glaze that she makes to half.  It was so super easy to make I think I found my dessert for the Ronald McDonald House.


Non Glazed


Glazed

No comments:

Post a Comment