Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Figs with blue cheese and Prosciutto

I had my first Fig at work the other day so staying with the Moroccan theme I decided to cook with them.  The Black Mission fig is sweet and tasty on its own.  I bought 2 lbs of Turkey figs the other day hoping they would be just as good.  Turkey Figs are not as sweet.  Before they went bad, I wanted to use them up so decided to slice them in half and stuff them with blue cheese and wrap them in a thin layer or Prosciutto.  We ate them for lunch, but they would makes a great appetizer for all those upcoming holiday parties.

Ingredients
2 lbs turkey figs remove stems and slice in half
1/4 lb blue cheese crumbles
8 oz sliced prosciutto.

Turn on broiler and preheat.

Take the half of the fig and stuff with 1/2 tsp of blue cheese, wrap with prosciutto and place in a 9x 13 baking dish.  Continue until baking dish is full.  Place in oven and broil until Prosciutto is crispy.




No comments:

Post a Comment