Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Taziki Sauce

We made lamb with a mint marinade on Saturday and had plenty of leftovers (not good enough to post).  We were going to do lamb tacos tonight but I had an epiphany while driving to try to make Taziki Sauce.  For my first try, Tim said I was dead on.  I used Chobani yogurt because I find that it is a little more tart than the other brands of greek yogurt that I have tried.  I used an English cucumber because I find that they have less seeds and are not as bitter as regular cucumbers.

Ingredients
1 8 oz container of Chobani plain Greek Yogurt
juice of half a lemon
half of of an English cucumber seeded and chopped
1 tbs chopped fresh Dill
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl mix all ingredients and set in fridge for about 20 minutes before serving.





4 comments:

  1. Try the sauce with shredded cucumber and add some finely chopped onions & jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion. By adding the onions and jalapeños and removing the dill and lemon juice that then becomes Indian raita

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your suggestion. By adding the onions and jalapeños and removing the dill and lemon juice that then becomes Indian raita

      Delete
  2. You do not remove the dill and lemon juice. Just shred the cucumbers instead of pieces. Add the onions & jalapenos for the kick. (optional)

    ReplyDelete