Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Fudge Puddles-AKA Peanut butter cookies w/fudge

Baking is more of a science than cooking, and lets face it, not all off us were cut out to be scientists. Before meeting my husband and my mother in law, Mary, I was not a baker.  I still am a little hesitant with some of my baking skills, but I am getting better thanks to Mary's guidance.
Thank you Mary, for this recipe.   

In the month of December I usually make over 600 of these.  Today I made a mere 48 for the Ronald McDonald House of Atlanta. 

Ingredients for the Cups:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Ingredients for the Fudge:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream together the margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.  Once combined add egg, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add the flour a little bit at a time.  Chill about 10-15 minutes in the freezer. 

Shape into 48-1" balls and place in lightly greased mini muffin pan.  Bake at 325 for about 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven and immediately make wells.  I use a hot sauce bottle and wrap with foil or cling wrap.  Take the bottle and press the center down lightly.  Cool 5 minutes, remove carefully to a cooling rack.

To make the fudge combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 20 seconds and then stir.  Then heat for 10 seconds and stir.  Continue this process until the filling is smooth. 
Then pipe the fudge into the wells.  Let set for about 2 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment