Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Shipwreck Stew

This is a meal my husband requested. His mother gave him the recipe when he went away to college so that he would eat.  When I first looked at this recipe I was not too sure about it.  The ingredients list did not look like the most appetizing combination.  With that being said, it tasted pretty good (I should know not to doubt my mother in law).  There are not many spices in this recipe so if you want to add some chili flakes to kick it up feel free.

Ingredients:
2 lb Bison or Beef (ground)
1 lb red potatoes washed and sliced
2 onions sliced
1 can mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup
black pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 350
In a 12 in skillet brown meat.  Combine all ingredients and place in a 9 X 9 casserole dish.

Bake 45 min to an hour until potatoes are tender.

Serve with Sour cream and medium cheddar.


No comments:

Post a Comment